Also known as, Volta birthday muffins! We are changing it up a little with this month's recipe, by request. Pair your muffins with a protein and some veggies, like a veggie omelet.
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup ripe bananas , mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl , whisk together coconut flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda,.
- In another large bowl, whisk together butter, sugar, bananas, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into we ingredients.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Divide batter among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake until the muffins have puffed and the edges have slightly browned, about 20 minutes.